Monday, August 22, 2011

The Ten Week Itch!

I can't believe we are approaching that time of the year where summer fades to memory and fall becomes a welcomed relief from a summer that will undoubtedly be recorded in the record books. I love fall for so many reasons. I got married to the love of my life in the fall. The weather is so agreeable during the fall. The state of Arkansas becomes a painted picture in the fall...but most importantly, my baby boy will be born THIS fall. As i schedule my last bit of work before the inevitable "places i probably should not be when my water breaks" becomes foremost on my mind on daily outings, I realize that he will be here very soon!! I can't say that this pregnancy has flown by because of the unobtrusive nature of the pregnancy and its easy fit into my lifestyle. This pregnancy has been rated a 6 out of 10 on the scale of ease...and i might be over rating it simply because i am almost done. This blog is not intended to be a one sided rant of all the wrong in the world, but a truthful account of day to day life in our "Howsehold." That is why i feel so inclined to blog my pregnancy into cyberspace...

I am blessed and I know this with every kick and turn he does in my belly, but i can truly chalk up pregnancy to the likes of the movie...body snatchers...or alien. It has been a roller coaster of nausea, emotions, restlessness, discomfort, protruding body parts, congestion, and urine. I know there is more i am missing, but these were all experienced within the last 8 hours so i felt that they were easiest blogged about at this time. I hear so many women express their love of pregnancy...all nine months of it. I may understand this and even join the ranks of these women once my little bouncing bundle of joy arrives, but for the past 7 months and the next 10 weeks to come, i will just continue to let my jaw drop when i hear these women account for their nine months of glowing goodness. I will say now that I can feel him move around it is more enjoyable, but for the most part..it is just weird.

With all that said and complained about, i can not believe i have 10 weeks left. There was a point in the pregnancy where i thought i was going to be sick and pregnant forever, but the last couple of weeks have really flown by before our eyes. Nathan and I like to sit around and think about the beginning, when we both were scared out of our minds and i spent more time lying down "sick" then standing up doing anything productive. We also like to think about what it will be like being scared out of our minds when he decides to make his debut, which has led to what i affectionately call the "ten week itch." We are so not ready for Reed logistically, but we can't wait to meet him so we are in baby limbo. We think ten weeks will take forever to get here, but we aren't completely sure we can get everything done in ten weeks. Like i said..Limbo.

So for the next 10 weeks, we are going to prepare ourselves for the nine week itch, then the eight week itch and so forth and so on until he arrives. I think that each week will come with another set of fears, realizations, and pregnancy symptoms, but along with all of this will come fall. And what i know is that i love fall and everything that fall will usher in....including our little bundle of joy.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for little Reed to get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I love the reading your thoughts. I love our future.

    ReplyDelete