Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cha-Cha Changes


I don't do well with change. I am not horrible at it, but it is not my particular cup of tea. This week is a whopper of a change that affects not only myself, but my husband and my baby boy.

I am not doing well with it. Really. I am not.

Let me give a little back story for clarification on my impending panic attack. When I was pregnant with Reed, I was doing some part-time work in Dallas and had the luxury of parking my very pregnant rear on the couch or in the bed the rest of the time that i was not working. It was a lot of travel, but a great job and I loved it. Once Reed arrived, I soon realized how impossible the job had become with the one simple addition of an infant. After one very long and crowded work trip post baby, I had to cut the cord.

(excuse the pun)

I was offered a contract position that allowed the best of both worlds in the ever challenging baby/work juggling department. I also had the luxury of family watching Reed while i did the little bit of work i was being contracted to do. It was a fabulous situation. A little phrase about having cake and eating the cake comes to mind. I was set.

Phone rings. Changes calling. I wish i could have hung up.

One of those fabulous and endlessly helpful family members who watched Reed once a week was being transferred alongside her equally fabulous husband who just so happens to be in the United States Air Force.

Bummer.

My well-oiled baby/work balancing machine came to a screeching halt.

I decided that the transfer was a sign saying it was time to head back to the ole grind more then just the two days a week i was already grinding out. I never envisioned myself as the SAHM kinda of gal, but i will admit that one should not knock it until one tries it. It is a pretty great gig that i have loved for the ten months that i have been able to claim the title.

Change.

Like i said at the beginning of this small little rant of mine, i don't do well with change. Tomorrow will be full of it and i catch myself tensing in anticipation of it all. A new Kindergarten class full of giddy and exuberant children for my husband to teach, a brand new "school" for my handsome little guy, and a full time schedule for myself.

Change just seems to be beating the ever resistant daylights out of me.






1 comment:

  1. Hope the first day of school was successful for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete